On 2006/01/19 17:08, Joakim Roubert wrote:
> On 2006-01-19 15:42, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > No dmesg, so it's difficult to help you...
>
> Ok, here goes:
> (there might be typos, since I write down what I read on the screen next
> to me...)

well done :)

I have some similar ALi/ULi devices on a different ASRock board here,
and have got a little further.

> vendor "Acer Labs", unknown product 0x5287 (class mass storage subclass
> SATA, rev 0x02) at pci0 dev 31 function 1 not configured

Good, it's not hidden behind an unrecognisable pci-pci bridge.
Try looking for a BIOS setting called something like legacy/native,
and toggle it. By doing that, I got M5289 to function (DMA unsupported,
but even with onboard disks it still completes 'make build' faster than
anything else I have, and I think I'll put my ami(4) in that box
anyway).

> vendor "Acer Labs", unknown product 0x5263 (class network subclass
> ethernet, rev 0x50) at pci0 dev 27 function 0 not configured

that's actually near enough a dc(4), I have got as far as getting it
to pick up the right MAC address (the easy bit) but not detect any PHYs
(the bit which needs either a datasheet or someone better at reading
linux source than I).