On Sun, Aug 06, 2017 at 05:29:04PM +0200, Walter Alejandro Iglesias wrote:
> Hi Gareth,
>
> On Sun, Aug 06, 2017 at 04:12:45PM +0100, Gareth Nelson wrote:
> > I'm assuming that you have your SPF records setup correctly.
> >

> I did that at first, and all the tricks (dkim, etc) they ask to make you
> appear as a legal sender, but after confirming my mail still went to
> SPAM in both (gmail, hotmail) I remove all that trickery.

Why remove it? Having things like SPF and DKIM should be essential when
running your own mailserver. As for gmail and outlook/hotmail, they tend
to use IP reputation when it comes to classifying incoming mail.

Like Martijn pointed out, you're sending mail from a IP which is not
intended for mail-servers. Most ISPs block outgoing traffic on port 25
to prevent their customers sending spam when they get infected with
viruses and such. Even if your ISP allow you to send mail, most
providers will most likely classify it as spam/junk.

Your ISP most likely provide you with an outgoing mailserver. I would
suggest that you configure spamd to use that one to relay all outgoing
mail.