On 15 Dec 2017, at 10:24, Alex Waite wrote:

I am considering buying a not so expensive home server.
[snip]
This might be a bit above "not so expensive" (~1,200), but I've been running this at home for just under a year and have been very pleased: http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/midtower/5028/sys-5028d-tn4t.cfm

Caveat: I'm running SmartOS on the metal and OpenBSD (and other OSs) in zones/KVM.

---Alex

Thanks Alex. I went for an ASRock DeskMini 110, equipped it with a i5 Skylake. The chassis is small in size, but it will take a M2 and 2 SSDs, perfect for my needs (max TDP 65 Watt).