Tim Donahue wrote:

On Thursday 02 February 2006 15:54, Darrin Chandler wrote:
Kenny Mann wrote:
I'm looking for something that which I can slap OpenBSD 3.8 on and use
it as a router.
This will be used for a house (~ 4 people) and I'm looking for
You could look at www.soekris.com. They're underpowered, but it should
be able to handle home router/firewall duties.

Underpowered? I think that is a really relative term. Underpowered for datamining a 1 TB database? Yeah it probably is, however from my experience I could saturate a 1.5 Mb SDSL or T-1 link using an IPSEC VPN on between a Soekris 4501 and a 1GHz Dell POS. If all you are looking to do is run a firewall for a DSL/Cable connection at home, the 4501 is likely overpowered.
Tim Donahue

I'm remembering some load problems, and a holdoff patch. Perhaps it's not an issue now. Don't forget that I said it should work as a home router.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |