Hi,

I have a server running bhyve in  FreeBSD. I did PCI passthrough in order
to have exclusive access to one of the network interfaces on the server.
My plan was to use that NIC in OpenBSD. Unfortunately when I boot the 6.3
release installer I get this in dmesg:
"em0 at pci0 dev 5 function 0 "Intel 82576" rev 0x01: couldn't map
interrupt".

The installation goes through without errors, but the Intel NIC is not
visible during install or after rebooting the installed system.

Man pages suggest that the problem is a fatal initialization error.

The NIC works without problems installing FreeBSD.
In FreeBSD the NIC uses the igb driver.

https://man.openbsd.org/FreeBSD-11.1/igb.4

The OpenBSD man page for em lists 82576EB as supported.

The NIC is an Intel Gigabi ET2 quad:
https://ark.intel.com/products/series/46841/Intel-Gigabit-ET-Server-Adapter-Series

Could it be that the quad variant of the NIC is not supported by OpenBSD?
Is there anything I can do to make it work?
Is it possible to use the igb driver in OpenBSD somehow?

Thanks.