I realize now that I wrote a reply to only Mike and not the whole misc
earlier.

Anyway.
The server is running several functions, and it's not popular to do
maintenance on it.
I went ahead and rebooted it anyway since this is important ;-)

I booted the OpenBSD 6.3 install media natively on the hardware.
It found all six NICs that I have installed. There are two Broadcom on the
mainboard and four on the Intel card.
Broadcoms were found as bge and Intel as em. They all seemed to work.

I had an extra bge card lying around. I installed it in the server and did
PCI passthrough with it as well as the Intel in FreeBSD/bhyve.
I get the same result in OpenBSD:
bge0 at pci0 dev 5 function 0 "Broadcom BCM5720" rev 0x00, BCM5720 A0
(0x5720000), APE firmware NCSI 1.4.12.0: couldn't map interrupt

Conclusion:
The problem has to do with the fact that bhyve is between the hardware and
OpenBSD.

Any ideas?