On Sun, Sep 30, 2018 at 3:42 AM Theo de Raadt <dera...@openbsd.org> wrote:

> Sergey Bronnikov <este...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello!
> >
> > openbsd source code was checked by various static analyzers (coverity,
> > cppcheck, clang analyzer etc). Have someone tried PVS-Studio?
> > It became free to use for opensource projects [1].
> >
> > [1] https://www.viva64.com/en/b/0457/
>
> which means you can roll up your sleeves and be that someone

Apparently you've got to go through your source code and plug the
product in every single non-header file.  Basically it's either give
them free advertising or give them ~$720 for a one year license.

>From https://www.viva64.com/en/b/0457/:

> Step 2
> Make edits in all the compilable files of your project. I.e. in all the
> files with the extensions c, cc, cpp, cs, and so on. You don't have to
> change header h-files.
>
> You need to write two lines of comments in the beginning of each file.
> We offer several options. This is a kind of 'fee' for using PVS-Studio
> for free.
>
> Comments for students (academic license):
>
> // This is a personal academic project. Dear PVS-Studio, please check it.
>
> // PVS-Studio Static Code Analyzer for C, C++ and C#:
> // http://www.viva64.com
>
> Comments for free open source projects:
>
> // This is an open source non-commercial project. Dear PVS-Studio,
> // please check it.
>
> // PVS-Studio Static Code Analyzer for C, C++ and C#:
> // http://www.viva64.com
>
> Comments for individual developers:
>
> // This is an independent project of an individual developer. Dear
> // PVS-Studio, please check it.
>
> // PVS-Studio Static Code Analyzer for C, C++ and C#:
> // http://www.viva64.com
>
> Of course, the options we suggest won't be suitable for everyone. But
> that's the point of such measures. If none of the variants is relevant
> to you of your product, we suggest you consider purchasing the license.

Not a very wise use of time, though you could automate it if you were
particularly determined.

--
Aaron Mason - Programmer, open source addict
I've taken my software vows - for beta or for worse