RedShift wrote:
Hi everyone

I've noticed OpenBSD still uses Apache httpd 1.3. While it is good that
on the OpenBSD side of things, it is maintained and there's an
additional focus on security for httpd. However, sooner or later,
httpd 1.3 *will be deprecated* in favor of newer versions (2.0, 2.2),
and now certainly with 2.2 released.

Are there any plans about when 2.2 (or 2.0) will be included in the base fileset? Or remove apache out of the fileset and let the users install it themselfs with a port?

Glenn

Look this question in the archive and you will get the answer.

In any case, the short of it is that the license will make it impossible to do so. It's a dead issue and that's why the version 1.3 is maintain isolated from the apache and there is way over what, may be 60K lines of difference by now or something like that. May be I am mistaken and it's 30K, I can't remember well, but the last time I look, it's HUGE!