On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 08:36:26AM +0100, open...@kene.nu wrote:
> I forgot to add to my previous email. One thing that could be useful
> in this case is to mimic the Cisco option "neighbor x.x.x.x
> remove-private-as" which removes any private ASes from the path on any
> updates to a peer.  Just throwing it out there, cant be a very
> difficult option to implement I guess?

I think changing the AS PATH is a bad thing, removing elements from your
AS path has a major impact on the route selection and opens doors for
routing loops. In general I will only add features like 'as-override' when
there is a clear reason why it is needed.
So my question is, why do you need to use private AS numbers in your
internal network?

--
:wq Claudio