> What kernel did you install?  I know I'm running i386 on mine, and I'm
> also sure I'd be running amd64 if I could, so I'd say the 4801 can't
> handle amd64 kernels.

I installed i386,  of course.  Are you running 6.5 on yours?

> I never had any trouble booting from a serial console.  The default
> speed is 19200, BTW.
>
> If setting up PXE installation isn't too much trouble for you (see man
> pxeboot), you can make the soekris boot from the sis0 interface by
> hitting Ctrl+P after POST and typing "boot f0" (on a serial console,
> obviously).

A few years ago, when I got my Soekris, I changed the BIOS console
settings in the Soekris board. Not sure why, and I lost the document
where I wrote down the correct settings. I've tried all possible
combinations in cu(1) and minicom(1); nothing works, I only see
garbage in the terminal. At this point, not sure if my cable is good
and don't have another handy. I guess I'll order a new one soon.
Perhaps the BIOS tty console is damaged, I don't know. That's why I
need to make it run properly and get SSH access.

Any ideas on how to debug the kernel load and init process without the
serial console? Or better, any kernel parameter I'm missing?

Thanks in advance.

Alberto Mijares