Hi Bruno,
I use OpenBSD 3.8 as my work desktop and it is
extremely smooth and a terrific experience.  I'd used
Linux and then FreeBSD for years, but setting up X was
the easiest ever and I have not had a single glitch of
any sort yet (that wasn't due to my own ignorance).  I
run Fluxbox on my 3 yr old Dell, and use Ogle to watch
dvds, opera w/ flash or firefox w/ java to browse the
web.  I also use Kate/Koffice to do word processing,
Perl for development, etc.  I also use a wireless nic,
burn cd's, and even configured my laptop to be a
(rarely used) print and file server for other
Windows/Linux boxes using OpenBSD.  Unfortunately, I
have to occassionaly use a custom Windows app, Lotus
Notes and support another sys admin who uses Linux and
so I've set up a separate Linux machine running
CrossOver Office and I just connect to that Linux box
using Xwindows forwarded over SSH or straight SSH when
I have to.  I also strongly believe using OpenBSD all
of the time now has made me a better Sys Admin
(although I am still learning) and is making the use
and administration of OpenBSD second-nature.

http://mail.yahoo.com