I decided to move away from Windows and I needed to setup a web and
email server. Trying many different versions of Linux left me
unsatisfied. Then I accidentally ran into OpenBSD website.
That was exactly what I wanted.
As a totally inexperienced guy, I found a server company that could
pre-install it. I never looked backed and learned almost everything
remotely. I dual booted at home for a while and I use OpenBSD only for
a long time now.

I have found two intersting things about the mailing lists.
1. Here is what you need to know, how else can I help.
2. RTFM and read the source code yourself.

I found read the source code a little frustrating at first.
But I have realized that the OpenBSD community is NOT about holding your
hand. There is an expectation that you need to put out the effort
necessary to at least try to figure it out yourself. If that means
learning some C or Perl or other languages, then you will have to do
that.
I now heartily agree with this. Why should a developer waste time when
there are truly more important things that constantly change as the
world moves forward. I have never been concerned about missing a few
months without checking up on a server. Problems are very very rare!
And fixed really really fast!

Thanks for giving me a fantastic system and the chance to laugh at the
other OS's that think security and bug fixing is an optional concern!

Chris Bennett