Is there a way in OpenBSD to authenticate users without adding them to
/etc/master.passwd file?

I have an OpenBSD server with authpf enabled and login_ldap configured. I have
also a seperate
LDAP server. I can authenticate any user in OpenBSD by using this seperate LDAP
server if and only
if username is added to "/etc/master.passwd" file in OpenBSD machine.

Even if it is working, adding/managing over 5000 users to master.passwd file is
not suitable. I
have already a server (LDAP) for user management.

Why openbsd does not support "first look up ldap server for both username and
password, then use
local password file" ?

Ferdi

Middle East Technical University