Ian Darwin <i...@darwinsys.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 01:25:46PM -0500, Ted Unangst wrote:
> > > Can you give me the exact model of the one you bought recently? I have
> > > half a mind to just write
> > > off mine as a loss and buy something else.
> >
> > I am using this one: (the TL-WN725N N150 single band one)
> >
> > https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-wireless-network-Adapter-SoftAP/dp/B008IFXQFU/
>
> I have that one and it wedges occasionally (on a MacBook Pro
> with 6.6-current), though infrequently.

Something keeps not being mentioned.

These are usb devices.  There are multiple usb bus drivers, with
usb2 and usb3 variations, and the usb subsystem itself.  The mailing
lists are full of discussions of bugs in usb.

But no, let's keep concluding these problems is narrowly restricted
to a specific brand of device...