On 2020-12-12, Daniel Jakots <d...@chown.me> wrote:
> I've been using a LACP trunk on my apu (with the three em(4)). On
> top of which I have some vlans. I've been doing that for years and it's
> working fine.

I used load-balancing trunk on APU before but stopped when I came to the
conclusion that APU running OpenBSD wasn't going to push more than 1Gbps
anyway.. (I use failover way more than any type of load balancing)

> My trunk0 which works is
> trunk0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
>
>         media: Ethernet autoselect
>
>         status: active
>
> And the aggr0 which doesn't come up is:
>         media: Ethernet autoselect
>
>         status: no carrier
>

> The only different thing I could see is the key (0x403c with trunk(4),
> 0x6 with aggr(4)) but I don't see how I could change it to try if it
> matters.
>
> Initially I thought the random lladdr from aggr(4) could be a problem
> so I set it in the hostname.aggr0 file but it didn't help.
>
> I don't see anything on the switch side I could change, and the log I
> have is merely the ports going up or down when I reboot.
>
> Any idea why aggr(4) stays in no carrier status?

Do you get any clues from "ifconfig aggr0 debug"?

What does the lacp status look like on the switch? (or does it just say
'up' or something and not really have any status?)