On 2022-05-09, Riccardo Giuntoli <tag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've found a distfiles on the fr openbsd mirror:
>
> https://ftp.fr.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/distfiles/ndpi-4.2.tar.gz
>
> Someone try it?

This is used by ntopng, we don't have anything to use this to make
packet forwarding decisions (anyway, by the time you have used DPI
to detect the protocol, it is too late to make a decision on packet
routing).

Also, I have found it to be a bit crashy. It's not so bad for ntopng
if you're just using it to identify a network problem etc, but doesn't
seem good as a continuously-running thing.

>> On Sunday, May 8, 2022, Riccardo Giuntoli <tag...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hello there, I've got a little wireless service provider where the edge
>> > connect to different VPS providers in many geographic locations. One of
>> > them, based in US, is applying DMCA doing DPI above no encrypted traffic.

This seems complete overkill from the provider, I would replace them.