On 11/17/2023 9:52 AM, Lewis Ingraham wrote:
Hello i am trying to configure OpenBSD as a firewall but I can't get it to
ping outside the firewall and subsequently unable to reach the internet
with devices behind the firewall. I tried changing my pf.conf to match the
FAQ (as best as i could) and still cant get it to work. I am currently
trying to get both IPV4 and IPV6 addresses to my devices. Can anyone tell
me what I am doing wrong?

For reference I can do the following:
1. Ping the firewall and connected devices from the inside LAN networks.
2. Use the firewall itself to ping outside and reach internet(use things
like pkg_add , etc).
3. Use devices in my LAN networks to successfully ping the gateway.
4. For some reason my devices  on the lan only get IPV4 addresses and not
IPV6 in addition.

did you enable forwarding?

 # sysctl -a | grep forwarding
net.inet.ip.forwarding=1