Hi,

Please keep this on the list.

On Sat, Nov 18, 2023 at 06:35:35AM -0800, louise9...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi thank you, I will try to change my rules accordingly. Also some questions:
> 1. I saw you talked about the block all rule. Does this cover traffic between
> vlans/networks as I’m trying to isolate vlans/networks 6,10,20,30 as well as
> my admin network which is em2 interface in this case.

Unless you have explicitly excluded interfaces from filtering (set skip on
$interface)
"block drop log all" will drop packets that do not match any pass rules
following.

> 2. You also pointed out that ICMPv4 wasn’t getting through. In my case ICMPv6
> won’t get out either from my internal networks. Literally nothing from
> internal networks gets out except icmpv4 to gateway, icmp from internal lan
> to internal lan, icmp from internal lan to firewall itself. Other than that
> there’s no DNS, HTTP, etc getting out. Would I need additional rules for
> those explicitly or would I just need a pass out all rule that done a certain
> way could work?(I have also tried this and it still doesn’t work)?

Please take a look at the resources I pointed to. The tutorial slides will
clear up
most of if not all of those questions.

And please keep any followups on the list.

All the best,
Peter

PS: The PF tutorial slides: https://home.nuug.no/~peter/pftutorial/

https://bsdly.blogspot.com/ https://www.bsdly.net/ https://www.nuug.no/