Thanks. Here's why it might not be bios/firmware hacked.
This happened when I use chromium, some specific sites
even. It felt like a failed attempt to capture the pointer
remotely and overflow something maybe. Everything
seems to be working ok right now, and I see now sign of
any hacking, so I think it is failed attempts to hack.
Fedora seems to be chugging along after some major
customization, by the way. But some things in Linux are
just not there security-wise.