On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:14:07 +0000
Craig Skinner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 04:29:56AM -0600, mike wrote:
> > >
> > My Aethra Starbridge-EU works fine in half-bridge, although I had to
> > set VCI=0 in the modem, whatever that is.
>
> You need to set the VPI & VCI, encapsulation & modulation. It is
> different for many countries depending on how the telcos deceide to
> run their network. See:
>
> http://www.patton.com/support/faqs_detail.asp?id=142
> http://www.adslguide.org.uk/qanda.asp?faq=DSLHardware

I was mistaken, my VPI=0, VCI=35 per my ISP.
Note that this is in Wisconsin, USA, so the above link's table is not
quite correct, as it lists the USA's VPI as 8, which also was the
modem's default.

> > I would much rather have my ext_if assigned the routable ip, and do
> > all of the nat and rdr from pf :)
>
> As you seem to have a static IP on the router's WAN, your ISP will
> probably be able to provide a /30 routeable LAN for the asking!
>
> eg: I have 84.19.247.29/32 on the WAN of the router, and
> 84.19.247.232/29 as a routeable LAN.

A /30 would be nice, but I have no complaints with a dynamic /32,
dyndns, and then rdr'ing ssh & smtp via pf.