Sadeep wrote:
Hello,Having display issues with fvwm (v2.2.5, the one in the base system). On a 32" external monitor, it only uses the top half of the screen. I have a 3x3 fvvwm desktop. On start-up, only the 1st quadrant is used: +-------------------+-------------------+ | | | | x | | | | | +-------------------+-------------------+ | | | | | | | | | +-------------------+-------------------+ If I open firefox, which is pinned to page 2, display changes to this: +-------------------+-------------------+ | | | | xterm | firefox | | | | +-------------------+-------------------+ | | | | | | | | | +-------------------+-------------------+ If I open a 3rd page, it's rendered on the 1st quadrant. If I switch to page 2, page 2 and 3 render on the first two quadrants. Restarting fvwm, xsession, or rebooting the machine (after connecting the monitor) doesn't fix it. $ xrandr -q: Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 3840 x 2160, maximum 16384 x 16384 eDP-1 connected primary (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 1920x1080 60.00 + 60.00 48.00 1680x1050 60.00 (omitted...) 320x180 59.99 DP-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) HDMI-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) DP-2 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) HDMI-2 connected 3840x2160+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 697mm x 392mm 3840x2160 30.00* 25.00 24.00 29.97 23.98 (omitted...) 640x480 60.00 59.94 .xsession content: export LANG=en_US.UTF-8 xsetroot -def srandrd ~/.config/srandrd/handler.sh & ssh-agent fvwm srandr handler: #!/bin/sh if [ "$SRANDRD_OUTPUT" = "HDMI-2" ]; then case "$SRANDRD_EVENT" in connected) xrandr --output eDP-1 --off --output HDMI-2 --auto xinput set-prop /dev/wsmouse "Device Accel Constant Deceleration" 0.3 ;; disconnected) xrandr --output HDMI-2 --off --output eDP-1 --auto xinput set-prop /dev/wsmouse "Device Accel Constant Deceleration" 1.0 ;; esac fi .fvwmrc: DesktopSize 3x3 Style "*" ClickToFocus, SmartPlacement # Lock screen edges: prevent viewport jumping EdgeScroll 0 0 EdgeThickness 0 EdgeResistance -1 -1 Style "firefox" StartsOnPage 0 1 0 Style "Chromium-browser" StartsOnPage 0 1 1 Style "Xmessage" Sticky, WindowListSkip, CirculateSkip Key Return A 4 Exec xterm Key p A 4 Exec dmenu_run Key m A 4S Exec xterm -name "Mutt" -e mutt Key c A 4S CloseAndRefocus Key m A 4 Maximize 100 100 Key i A 4 ShowStatus Key r A 4S Restart /usr/X11R6/bin/fvwm Key q A 4S Quit Key Tab A M WindowList Root 100 0 NoGeometry, CurrentAtEnd Key j A 4 Next (CurrentPage !Iconic) FocusAndRaise Key k A 4 Prev (CurrentPage !Iconic) FocusAndRaise # Change page Key 1 A 4 GotoPageAndFocus 0 0 Key 2 A 4 GotoPageAndFocus 1 0 Key 3 A 4 GotoPageAndFocus 2 0 Key 4 A 4 GotoPageAndFocus 0 1 Key 5 A 4 GotoPageAndFocus 1 1 Key 6 A 4 GotoPageAndFocus 2 1 Key 7 A 4 GotoPageAndFocus 0 2 Key 8 A 4 GotoPageAndFocus 1 2 Key 9 A 4 GotoPageAndFocus 2 2 # Move active window to page Key 1 A 4S MoveToPage 0 0 Key 2 A 4S MoveToPage 1 0 Key 3 A 4S MoveToPage 2 0 Key 4 A 4S MoveToPage 0 1 Key 5 A 4S MoveToPage 1 1 Key 6 A 4S MoveToPage 2 1 Key 7 A 4S MoveToPage 0 2 Key 8 A 4S MoveToPage 1 2 Key 9 A 4S MoveToPage 2 2 DestroyFunc FocusAndRaise AddToFunc FocusAndRaise + I Focus + I Raise DestroyFunc CloseAndRefocus AddToFunc CloseAndRefocus + I Prev (CurrentPage !Iconic) FocusAndRaise + I Close DestroyFunc GotoPageAndFocus AddToFunc GotoPageAndFocus + I GotoPage $0 $1 + I FlipFocus DestroyFunc GotoPageAndFocus AddToFunc GotoPageAndFocus + I GotoPage $0 $1 + I Next (CurrentPage !Iconic) FocusAndRaise DestroyFunc ShowStatus AddToFunc ShowStatus + I Exec exec ~/.fvwm/status No .xsession-errors. I've used the same .xsession and srandr handler with dwm without problems.
Who would've thought that software that hasn't been updated in two decades will have problems with modern workflows?
I maintain my own fork of OpenBSD's fvwm, so if you want to send a patch, I'd be happy to take it. I don't personally use fvwm, but I don't like seeing my own work - or other people's - thrown away, so I'm keeping it alive.
I also saved the ext4 driver that was rejected. It might be worth porting it to FUSE someday; that could actually be pretty useful.
https://github.com/daviduhden/wip-openbsd-src

