On Oct 02 07:33:50, [email protected] wrote:
> 
> > 2. I'm EXTREMELY in search of a visual input
> > maybe a "ww" inserted somewhere in the
> > console prompt that say me if I'm
> > connected with *the main network
> > interface* I defined.
> > 
> 
> I just script the logic to change prompt string
> on the change of network status but after I do:

How exactly do you detect the change of network status?
That is to say: show the script.

> export PS1='ww-etc$ '
> exactly like in .profile or typing at prompt I obtain no prompt string update.

Your script runs in a shell I suppose. That shell's environment
variables have nothing to do with the settings of the shell you are
launching that subshell _from_ .

But I speculate, because you haven't shown the script
or how you run it.

> I wonder what I'm missing in my script ?

What script?

Reply via email to