>> I wonder what I'm missing in my script ?
>
> What script?

I tried the suggestion of Crystal but sure
launching in the end the prompt string change  command from shell make the 
prompt string change happening. As I would tranform all in an rc script the 
problem remains changing the prompt string from inside my test script..

thx both

#!/bin/sh
p="wiz$PWD\$ "
g=`cat /etc/mygate`

ping -q -L -c 1 -w 1 $g > .nettest.log 2>/dev/null
r1=`cut -d r -f 4 -s .nettest.log`

if [ "$r1" -eq "et=-1"]; then
export PS1="$p"
echo 0
else
export PS1="ww-$p"
echo 1
fi

#echo '"done."

I'm launching it from the shell of my user. Evrything is fine, the network 
status change get detected (beside network latency) but no prompt string change 
happens.

PS: I have no configured email client on my station so I did a text scansion of 
a photo of my screen with my mobile. Some characters maybe can be replace with 
special chars or ocr equivalents.


dan

Reply via email to