>This is just another symptom of the US slide towards isolationism.
>External competitive pressures are increasing every year and many
>American institutions, both in government and private sector, are
>seeking to restrict the trade of goods and ideas as a band aid to fix
>the problem.

i have wondered why companies like hifn want to keep their device design under
an NDA on many occasions. it seems to me to be mostly about a company's lack of
confidence in its competitive edge and their ability to maintain it. if you're
opening your drivers up, you had best be ready to "raise your skills", something
many amUricans are unwilling to do.

the whole idea of keeping the device docs under an NDA is silly to me. if anyone
REALLY wants those specs, e.g. your competitor, they can certainly get them
without too much additional trouble.