> The fact that a company restricts documentation to US download to satisfy
> export concerns is quite valid. If the TERMS of the license ON the
> documentation are 'unrestricted use', that's where we need to direct our
> attention.

But that is not the point of the whole problem.  The issue is that
Hifn says their documentation is open and freely available.  It isn't.
And it is not just about the registration information, but quite
obviously the documentation is not available to everyone from every
country.

The problem is that they are saying it is open, but it is not.  That
is a lie.  And then one of their employees comes here, and tries to
set the record straight?  And just ends up telling another series of
lies.

I don't care what their reasons are.  Maybe they are valid (though we
strongly suspect they are false since some other crypto card companies
have no problems making documentation available).

But that's not the point.

Don't call it free if it isn't.