L. V. Lammert wrote:
BS aside, it's obvious you don't deal in US markets! While the
implementation may be flawed, dealing with export regulations, silly as
that may seem to non US organizations, CAN be business threatening. Not to
be taken lightly.

This issue has nothing to do with export regulations, this is either a
smoke screen or over-reaction on the part of Hifn. No one is asking Hifn
to export hardware to Iran. No one is asking Hifn to export hardware at
all. No one is asking for driver source code. As someone pointed out
earlier in this thread, documentation may be sent out of the USA thanks
to free speech laws. If entire algorithms can be printed in book form
and exported, then certainly documentation on how to utilize a piece of
hardware may leave the country without restriction. The documentation
without the hardware is good for nothing. It's like having the operating
documentation for a private jet - without the plane you aren't leaving
the ground!

If anyone would like, we (as a US company) would be happy to use 'our'
registration information (providing the remaining license terms are
acceptable)! That probably isn't the issue, however, as the point about
actually obtaining hardware is also significant to US export markets.
Irrespective if the fact that more 'powerful' h/w can be obtained
with no restriction, getting 'current' h/w out of the states CAN be a
REAL hassle.

Something tells me that this is not going to fly. It only circumvents
the problem - it does not correct it. Using subversive means to bypass a
ridiculous system only supports and expands the ridiculousness of the
whole situation. I would guess that this is about as likely to happen as
Theo moving to the US to gain access to the docs.

Breeno