I'm trying to setup an NFS share, and am getting horrible write
performance.  Reads are fast as can be expected.  I've searched the
archives and found several threads on the subject, but no resolutions.
I've tried all possible fstab options (that I know of) but none really
help with write.  I'm currently using....

ip.addr:/nfs /test/dir nfs rw,nodev,nosuid,tcp,intr,-r=32768,-w=32768 0
0

>From (Subject: Re: nfs write speed performance... still)A Nov. 2004
thread

...it seems that the problem is known but no fixes are known or planned
for now since there're other priorities...

Does anyone still know if this is the case, or have I missed an
important thread?

Thanks.