Theo de Raadt wrote:
So they gave us docs.  Now we need to say they are nice?

No way.  They have received money from hundreds of you.  You are
customers.  They are a company.  Now if you (like them) cannot figure
out what that means, that they have a RESPONSIBILITY to their
customers, and that they only responded once their CUSTOMERS
complained, then I mean, come on -- please don't give us advice on
rolling over and playing lame.

95% of the planet does nothing to complain when there is a serious
problem with a company, and then when < 5% of the people complain
enough to force them fix it, you wish to congratulate the ... company?

Theo, do you consider this a gain or a loss? Or is it merely regaining lost ground?

As a developer your point of view is different than many of the ordinary users on this list. In what direction do you think this should go? What balance do you think should be struck between holding companies accountable for their past transgressions and rewarding them for moving in the direction we want them to go?

And finally, do you really care about getting an apology from Hifn? It seems rather meaningless considering that a legal entity can't feel regret. What do you really want?

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Breeno