On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 09:47:59AM -0500, Polkan Garcia wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The -g flag is not neccesary in rc.conf, when the system receive the
> proccess add it:

  that is false.

  during the execution of /etc/rc, spamd will be invoked with
  '-g' if it is specified in "${spamd_flags}" or if "${spamd_grey}"
  is not equal to 'NO'.  spamlogd is also started if "{spamd_grey}"
  is not equal to 'NO'.

  at no time does an invoked instance of spamd change the
  commandline arguments it shows that it was started with in the output
  of ps(1), regardless of what traffic comes in to the daemon.

> But the messages are not delivered to sendmail after spamd (openbsd)
> check it. I have a develop machine in my network (without nat to public
> ip) with a local domain and works like a charm....

  please reread the following answer i hoped would clear it up:

> On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 20:37 -0400, jared r r spiegel wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 01:44:34PM -0500, Polkan Garcia wrote:
> > >
> > > The original idea is, the mail sent to openbsd server is checked by
> > > spamd and next is sent to sendmail to process it. Now, send messages to
> > > openbsd's box and works fine (using spamdb output) but does not
> > > delivered to sendmail (none showing in maillog)
> >
> >   keep in mind that spamd never acts as an intermediary for the mail
> >   transaction.  if traffic is redirected to spamd, it talks to spamd
> >   forever.

  openbsd spamd(8) is NOT a filter, it is not a milter, it is not a
  policy daemon, and it has nothing to do with spamassassin, which has a
  "daemon" also named 'spamd'.  if you have spamassassin on your system,
  its manpage is in section 1 as opposed to section 8.

  to give it another try:

  no email ever goes _through_ or comes back _out of_ openbsd spamd(8).

--

  jared