On 8/13/06, Will Twomey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have a firewall script set up on a linux machine (Ubuntu). I would
like to replace this machine with an OpenBSD machine for security and
stability reasons, but am unsure if it will work out of the box.

Could someone please answer these questions for me?

Is /etc/network/interfaces file on OpenBSD as well? If not, how do I set
up static IPs?

Use hostname.if(5) files.

Is iptables included by default or will I need to recompile the kernel?

Us pf(4)

Is the /sbin/ip command the same and included in OpenBSD? (Example:
/sbin/ip addr add dev eth0 ipaddress)

I think you're looking for ifconfig(8). Wait, doesn't linux have
ifconfig? What's ip for?

How do I force an Ethernet's hardware address to be associated with a
certain interface in
OpenBSD? (I had to do this in linux, because the eth's kept randomly
changing after reboots. Probably because of the dual nic PCI cards)

Ahaha! But in OpenBSD this never happens because the devs have made
very sure that everything always gets enumerated the same way! Also,
your interfaces won't be ethN now, they'll be something else. Each
device is named according to the driver for it. See
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=ethernet&apropos=1&format=html

-Nick