> > But more and more of these Blob's are making it into FreeBSD all the
> > time.  The Nvidia driver (though now they are using our nvidia driver,
>
> I just wonder what happens if every commercial manufacturer starts requiring a
> blob?  Will OpenBSD stop existing? Or will you adapt a pro-blob policy? Or
> will
> someone pop up and design a free hardware design for that product category?

If it wasn't for a few specific developers in the pro-Blob FreeBSD
community accepting these NDA's this battle would have been over a
long time ago.  By that I mean we'd be back to the way things were in
1987, when all hardware documentation was freely spread by vendors to
whoever wanted it.

> > and they have a nvidia employee on their team who commits things to
> > that driver without talking to anyone).  And the same thing is
> > happening to lots of other drivers in FreeBSD.  FreeBSD apparently has
> > a signed agreement with Nvidia over the accelerated video driver, and
>
> So you have absolutely no signed NDA agreements?

Not one.  OpenBSD does not have any NDA's signed with anyone.

Some developers privately may have NDA's signed here or there, but I
actively discourage them from doing so, and assist in conversations
with vendors.  When we tell vendors that we won't accept NDA's, most
times the hardware and documentation still arrives.