Karel Kulhavy wrote:
On Sat, Feb 17, 2007 at 12:36:00PM -0500, R. Fumione wrote:
Hello,

I am using OpenBSD on server since few years now, and I am very happy
with it's easy maintenance and it's stability. I want to try on
desktop, and I am having trouble.

Everything is much slower than existing Linux system. For example,
Firefox takes 3-5 seconds to start on Linux but ~10 seconds on
OpenBSD on same machine!

I have the same problem. The FFS doesn't seem to be as fast as ext2.

CL<

Most interestingly, after I moved from NetBSD to FreeBSD (performance-wise) on my Web cluster, I found that FreeBSD, being _faster_ than GNU/Linux, was not that much faster.

Being totally pissed off of FreeBSDs and NetBSDs opinion about 'free' software and selling themselves as cheap whores to companies (read: deploying BLOB) I moved (again) to OpenBSD (on _all_ machines, not just on the crucial ones like firewalls etc).

Surprise: Performance is on par. Security is much better. Karma is perfect :)