On 2007/06/03 14:09, Sam Vaughan wrote:

>> if anyone has a working PXE bios-flash setup for these and wouldn't
>> mind sharing how, please drop me a line, when I try the system hangs
>> after memdisk loads the bios-flash image.
>
> I'd be interested to know about this too.  Since my x4100s have no CD/DVD
> ROM drive (I've got the four-SAS-disk config) I can't use Sun's BIOS CD
> image.  I couldn't even mount the ISO to get at the necessary files.

I don't have one but it looks like X4100 is much easier, it appears that
the BIOS update is done with the ILOM firmware via the service processor
using an .ima file from http://www.sun.com/download/products.xml?id=45b94409

> Have you had any success with IPMI SoL?  Whilst the Java app works fine for
> remote access, I'd much rather not have to launch it when all I really want
> is access to the console.

I only have X2100 and I didn't want to lose the decent NIC, I got as far
as power control via ipmitool but didn't look at SoL, I'm just using good
old-fashioned serial console and masterswitch.