pfctl -x loud  && tail -f /var/log/messages

~BAS

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007, Geraerts Andy wrote:

We have an OpenBSD firewall running for a while now. Since a few days we
encounter some sort of selective natting. I try to ping a host, I get reply,
and 2 minutes later I try to ping the same host and I dont get replies.

So despite the state being created in both instances, you see a packet
egress your external interface with the source address of the internal
host instead of the external interface of the NAT box?

We indeed see the state being created. The packet egresses on the external
interface without NAT. So the ip packet contains the source ip address of my
laptop and therefor further on the path gets blocked because it isn't natted. A
few seconds/minutes later I try again and everything works again.

Is there a way to see why it isn't doing the NAT?

(There are around 80 interfaces (vlan + carp) on the box.)

Regards,

Andy.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager at :
[EMAIL PROTECTED] or call +32-(0)11-240234.
This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by Sophos
for the presence of computer viruses.

l8*
        -lava (Brian A. Seklecki - Pittsburgh, PA, USA)
               http://www.spiritual-machines.org/

    "Guilty? Yeah. But he knows it. I mean, you're guilty.
    You just don't know it. So who's really in jail?"
    ~Maynard James Keenan