On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 03:12:05PM +0800, Jay Jesus Amorin wrote:
| is anyone out there running openbsd on intel based macbook or macbook pro?

I'm running pretty recent -current on a Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro at the
moment (dual booting with MacOSX).

| any problems or compatibility issue? performance?

* no wireless
* no X (certainly not at 1440x900)
* it gets extremely hot

| i'm planning to buy one or any reason why i shouldn't?

The hardware sucks. In the company I work at, we have quite a few
apple laptops (both MBP and MB). Failure rate in the first half year
is somewhere around 20%. Mine had a mechanical failure after a year
(lid wouldn't close anymore), others have had their hard disk or
motherboard die.

I still think it looks nice and it's pretty fast (compiling a kernel
takes ~2 minutes, userland ~45 minutes) but other than that, it's a
shitty piece of crap. And it has a Core 2 CPU ;)

Just my 2 rappen.

Paul 'WEiRD' de Weerd

                 http://www.weirdnet.nl/