* Built in keyboard/trackpad gets recognized only in amd64 acpi enabled
bsd.mp,
openbsd can be installed using external usb keyboard plugged in first USB
port.

So after installation it works.
amd64 or i386 doesn't make any difference...

On 7/25/07, Karl Sjvdahl - dunceor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 7/15/07, Richard Storm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The final:
>
> MacBook 13" Core2Duo
>
> *  OpenBSD 4.1-release partly works.
> * Integrated 82945GM works fine with the 1280x800 wide screen,
> after enabling the resolution using the x11/915resolution package by
> invoking it in /etc/securelevel like:
> /usr/local/sbin/915resolution 4d 1280 800 >/dev/null
> * Sound (azalia) works only in -current kernel, but no recording anyway
> * Built in keyboard/trackpad gets recognized only in amd64 acpi enabled
bsd.mp,
> openbsd can be installed using external usb keyboard plugged in first USB
port
> * no APM support (no batery status, halt -p, no suspend).
> * The onboard GigaBit NIC (msk) works fine.
> * Wireless doesn't work (vendor "Atheros", unknown product 0x0024).
> * Enhanced SpeedStep works in -current (sysctl hw.setperf).
> * hw.sensors.cpu0.temp0 works in -current.
> * Infrared/bluetooth doesn't work.
> http://stormrichard.bravehost.com/macbook/dmesg_amd64_aci_mp.txt
> http://stormrichard.bravehost.com/macbook/xorg.conf

I'm going to buy a macbook today so I checked out what people say.
There are two post, one says to use adm64 and ones says to use i386
(or at least they have used that them self).

Does the keyboard/trackpad work in i386 or is it no working in both
i386/amd64.

Why would any one use amd64 since it's not even a amd? Is it because
it's a 64bit? Do both amd64 and i386/64bit share so much?

I'm being hold a bit back when it says I can't even use the keyboard
on it on OpenBSD, that really sucks.

Anybody that got some new information, maybe tried -current?

Thanks

BR
dunceor