Hi again...

I don't know, but I think I am having bad luck with the sound. Look at this:

arktomis| mixerctl -a | grep "outpu*"
outputs.dac02.source=hdaudio
outputs.sel0c.mute=off
outputs.sel0c=124,124
outputs.sel0d.mute=off
outputs.sel0d=124,124
outputs.green11.mute=off
outputs.green11.boost=off
outputs.unknown12.mute=off
outputs.unknown12.boost=off
outputs.unknown13.mute=off
outputs.unknown13=120
outputs.red14=85,85
outputs.unknown15=85,85
outputs.unknown16.mute=off
outputs.unknown16.dir=input
outputs.pow19.source=mix20
outputs.black1b.mute=off
outputs.black1b=126,126
outputs.red1c.mute=off
outputs.red1c.dir=input
outputs.widget1d.source=mix07
outputs.sel21.mute=off
outputs.sel21=120,120
outputs.sel25=85,85
outputs.widget26.source=red14

I tried to set all of these with a number on it to a higher value. E.g.:

arktomis| mixerctl outputs.sel25=255,255
outputs.sel25: 85,85 -> 255,255

And then cat BIGFILE > /dev/sound

whilst playing with the volume up/ mute bottoms

I also made sure that everything in the software is not muted:

 arktomis| mixerctl -a | grep mut
record.adc05.mute=off
record.adc06.mute=off
inputs.mix07.sel22.mut=off
inputs.mix07.sel21.mut=off
inputs.mix0a.dac04.mut=off
inputs.mix0a.sel21.mut=off
inputs.mix0b.sel0f.mut=off
inputs.mix0b.sel21.mut=off
outputs.sel0c.mute=off
outputs.sel0d.mute=off
inputs.beep10.mute=off
outputs.green11.mute=off
outputs.unknown12.mute=off
outputs.unknown13.mute=off
outputs.unknown16.mute=off
outputs.black1b.mute=off
outputs.red1c.mute=off
inputs.mix1e.sel0e.mut=off
inputs.mix1e.sel21.mut=off
inputs.mix20.red14.mut=off
inputs.mix20.sel25.mut=off
outputs.sel21.mute=off
inputs.mix24.sel23.mut=off
inputs.mix24.sel21.mut=off

But still no sound at all...

And in /etc/mixerctl.conf I have

arktomis| cat /etc/mixerctl.conf
outputs.master=200,200
outputs.master.mute=off
outputs.headphones=160,160
outputs.headphones.mute=off

But

arktomis| mixerctl outputs.master=270,270
mixerctl: field outputs.master does not exist

of course...

Again, I must be blind or doing something wrong... but where? Or does
this slightly different chip from Peter's make such a big difference??

Thanks for your patience,

Pau Amaro-Seoane