Salut,

On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 10:02:22AM +0000, mickey wrote:
> or what you think loading 36bit physaddr is slower than loading 48bits?

I think that loading 48-bits in one step is faster than loading 36-bit
in two. It is also a matter of experience that amd64 memory access is
way faster than i386 with PAE.

i386 is dying out finally, that's what I meant to say. amd64 has been
elected as the architecture of the future by most if not all hardware
producers. We got rid of one of the worst pieces of hardware ever, at
least partially. This is why I suggested that it might be less of an
issue to most people.

For a good reason: nowadays, you just get an amd64 and don't have the
problem.

                                Tonnerre