You don't get the problem, at least if you run a decent operating
system, 'cause I know some people having problem using more than 4 Gig
of ram, even with AMD64 or EM64T hardware, and (hum) Vista.
Just to say the arch does not make everything, a good software is also needed.

plus, X86_64 gets rid of a part of the limitation of the old x86
model, but not everyting...
like old & bad bios (still waiting for EFI), 640K thing, 8GB,
128/137GB HDD hacks...