Thanks everybody.
I did *another* fresh install and this time the system boots after installation. I have done 4 reboots. Each reboot was after modifying a file in /etc (sudoers, /mail/aliases), and adding programs.

I don't know why the system wouldn't boot after previous upgrading and then fresh install, but it seems to be working fine now. I also saved dmesg immediately after installation, and then after the first reboot.

Now to get back on openbsd and get mutt set-up :)

Thanks again Jan, Nick, and everybody else.