On 12/12/07, Darren Spruell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Why -current? I thought what had fallen behind from lack of resources
> was binary packages. Surely OPENBSD_4_2 (stable branch of ports tree)
> still has updated ports.
>
> Just build -stable packages from ports (like you did in the olden days.)

to quote from the original mail from Nikolay Sturm (thanks to him for doing
this or much of it over some years) to misc:
"as you might have noticed, -stable ports have not been properly updated
in the last few months. Due to lack of resources, especially a
responsible maintainer, you cannot expect any updates to -stable for the
foreseeable future. Although some updates might happen, -stable should
be considered unmaintained."

--knitti