On 12 Dec 2007 14:54:59 -0800, Unix Fan wrote:

>This really does suck... While we as users appreciate developers hard work, A
>majority rely on -STABLE for updated and secure 3rd party software..

So why does that "majority" not provide the skills or the money to
support that facility?
Maybe you should use something else that panders to your appetite.

>You really can't expect everyone to use -CURRENT in a production environment..
> and it's been made clear that using -CURRENT ports on a -STABLE system is a
>bad idea. ([i]And not entirely easy either..[/i]).
>
>Why even have a -CURRENT ports tree?... -STABLE should be the tree maintained
>for the 6 months between releases..

The current tree is where development happens. No current=no new stuff
(including version updates for apps)

You are full of "shoulds". Here is one back: You should be working
towards providing the necessary resources to get your wants.

>Please reconsider discontinuing the -STABLE tree, people depend on it...
>people depend on you.. :(
>
>-Nix Fan.

Nix is what you are really doing to get what you want, apart from
whining.

Rod/
/earth: write failed, file system is full
cp: /earth/creatures: No space left on device