On Fri, 14 Dec 2007, Richard Stallman wrote:

>     You said "Real men don't attack straw men". Yet this is *EXACTLY* what
>     you are now doing. You continue to repeatedly write that OpenBSD
>     recommends the ports system to its users, *which it does not*. Let me
>     say that once again: OpenBSD recommends that EVERYBODY USE PACKAGES,
>     NOT THE PORTS TREE.
>
> OpenBSD distributes the ports tree.  In my book, that's recommending
> all the programs that are in it, referring people to those programs.

"GNU software includes compatibility support for Windows. In my book,
that's recommending Windows, encouraging users to use it in favour of
free systems."

It is quite easy to make such absurd statements when one is willing
to dilute the meaning of words like "recommend" beyond recognition,
but what is the point? By doing this you are traducing the work of a
project that takes software freedom extremely seriously, and insulting
the developers who put in the work to make it this way.

-d