From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
michael hamerski
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2007 6:59 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; OpenBSD general usage list
Subject: Re: Real men don't attack straw men

Richard, you're being cc'ed because people speak in your name.

On Dec 14, 2007 9:35 AM, David H. Lynch Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> michael hamerski wrote:

> I think it's a worthy public debate. Let him expound his
> > theories and ethics and let's dissect them layer by layer. For the
> > record.

David,

Which term in public debate do you fail to get? I am not in the least
interested in your private opinion. I am however willing to take the time to
dissect the nonsense you and others spout on this list. For the record, it's
a pleasure. And you've chosen the worst list ever to pick a fight on ethics.

http://openbsd.org/policy.html educate yourself and come back or shut up.

>     If it is acceptable - that's fine, but then RMS was speaking the
truth.
>     If not than get rid of it.
>     The remaining alternative is the Torvald's - it is a necescary evil
way.

Nothing to get rid of. Your free is not my free. Besides which I have
absolutely no impact on the way OpenBSD is run. I am just a user.

>     Theo is not even willing to state what the policy is - aside from
> that it is settled and well known.
>     Well it's a well know secret then.

Again read and educate yourself. It does wonders.

>     I am having a hard time seeing why RMS is the hypocrit here.

Yes, well that would figure wouldn't it? See, the funny thing is I had a
lenient attitude towards the GPL, FSF, RMS before. Live and let live, and
they're fighting for freedom so it's ok. Thank you for opening my eyes. The
fact is that slander sticks, there is an agenda behind continuously
repeating the nonsense that OpenBSD somehow promotes non-free software.

mike