On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 10:40:47AM -0600, Gilles Chehade wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 04:50:27PM +0000, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> > > >

> > > Just a few questions then:
> > >
> > >   - Why is it so easy to use gcc and emacs from Windows XP
> > >     without ever having to even know about gNewSense ? I'd
> > >     lie if I said I knew gNewSense before Stallman came to
> > >     troll here, and I've been working with people who make
> > >     a great use of gcc and emacs on Windows. Can't this be
> > >     seen as a severe drawback ?
> >
> > No, they are using more Free Software than before. The opposit is a
> > drawback, IMHO, because more people is using proprietary software.
> >

> So basically, as long as you can adapt your rules conveniently its ok ?
>
> According to this new rule, how comes it is a drawback to provide users
> with the freedom to install proprietary applications if it makes them
> use more free software (i.e: users installing OpenBSD because they know
> they will be able to achieve some task vs. people installing Windows
> because they are unable to achieve the same task under OpenBSD) ?
>
> If we don't provide some proprietary app, wouldn't we discourage use of
> a free system by forcing users to chose another system ? Or are the FSF
> rules bending again so that its ok for you but not for us ?

Why won't you answer this Ruis, why do you find the time to send more and
more messages yet you cannot find the time to answer this easy one ?

Why is it that you and your happy hippy friend find the time to troll and
reply to several messages yet, strangely, fail to see the questions which
are annoying or which exposes the flaws in your reasonning ?

Are you too using email batches that conveniently gives you hours to find
your next word play ?

No need to remove your friend from the list, I will keep adding him until
this thread is over. There is no reason my mailbox gets filled with a lot
of your crap while you guys don't get annoyed by your own ranting.

Gilles

--
Gilles Chehade