Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 11:54:47AM -0700, Theo de Raadt wrote:
>> Richard, your pants are full of hypocritical poo.
>
> You too.
>
> I still remember cheering when I read
>
> http://monkey.org/openbsd/archive/ports/0108/msg00460.html
>
>     * From: Theo de Raadt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>     * Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 12:11:00 -0600
>     * Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>     > I am just curious - why exactly were all the DJB ports dropped?
>
>     Precisely because of what the commit message says:
>
>     > "Removed qmail; license does not permit modification [camield
>     > 2001-08-14]"
>
> Sadly you're too quick to launch the 'hypocrit' word...
>
> http://www.openbsd.org/4.2_packages/i386/zangband-2.6.2p1.tgz-long.html
>
> According to Sourceforge:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/zangband
> License: Other/Proprietary License
>
> Rui

I'm glad you went to all that effort to show OpenBSD promotes proprietary software....

From the zangband website:

"Licensing: You are free to distribute Zangband as a binary or as source code so long as such distribution is in accordance with its license. You may also hack Zangband to your hearts content so long as your end product is distributed in accordance with the license restrictions. The following license applies to Zangband: Copyright (c) 1997 Ben Harrison, James E. Wilson, Robert A. Koeneke This software may be copied and distributed for educational, research, and not for profit purposes provided that this copyright and statement are included in all such copies. Other copyrights may also apply."

Gee, what a horribly restrictive proprietary license.

I guess in your mind this equates to the JDB license Theo didn't like:

> Quoting DJB's qmail license page :
> "If you want to distribute modified versions of qmail (including ports, no > matter how minor the changes are) you'll have to get my approval. This does > not mean approval of your distribution method, your intentions, your e-mail
> address, your haircut, or any other irrelevant information. It means a
> detailed review of the exact package that you want to distribute."

To those not addled in the brain, they are vastly different.
It seems all RMSs backers arguments are as full of holes as his own.