On Jan 5, 2008 9:58 PM, Karthik Kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On another hand we are not GNU/GPL and we don't mind our users installing
> > non free software if it is what they want. The FAQ is where this needs to
> > be documented for users to get their job done faster.
> >

> If you don't mind users using non-free software, you shouldn't be
> putting the 'Free. ' in 'Free. Functional. Secure.'; You shouldn't be
> fighting those blob vendors and call them nasty names; Rather,
> probably document how to use such drivers and firmware 'faster'. Then
> you shouldn't be making a claim that 'OpenBSD supports openness'. If
> you can manipulate your reasons for making this ethical, you shouldn't
> be calling others names. And you shouldn't bring back ethics' dead
> body around your neck.

again this is good advice RMS should hear so i am ccing to him :-)
especially the phrase "manipulate your reasons for making this ethical"

> > one who criticizes the other should come informed too.

EXACTLY WHAT RMS DID NOT DO!!!
Boy you should be sending this to RMS instead.
You talk a little sense in some of the phrases in your replies.
But you are talking to the wrong people.
So please Cc RMS.

> And the rest who do should avoid red herring arguments and accept what
> they are doing. In other words, they should say: 'I am wrong. I will
> fix the problem at my end. Your turn now.' I don't see anybody doing
> it. Don't you see how you're not doing anything but complaining? It
> doesn't make this any different.

Again this is for RMS.
He does not fix the problem at his end. those are

1) Apologize for slandering other projects who don't come under his control.
2) Do Research to find out the truth
3) Be practical ( Demon+wget )

And all he does is is complain.

1) I made a minor mistake.
2) Everything He says is OK.
3) rolling in the mud after falling down without trying to get up and be clean.
4) Lament how Linux devs don't listen to him.

and more...........