On 06/01/2008, at 3:28 AM, Karthik Kumar wrote:

On another hand we are not GNU/GPL and we don't mind our users installing non free software if it is what they want. The FAQ is where this needs to
be documented for users to get their job done faster.

If you don't mind users using non-free software, you shouldn't be
putting the 'Free. ' in 'Free. Functional. Secure.'

Huh? OpenBSD is built from free software and allows users the freedom to do what they please, even if that means running non-free software. You have a strange idea of "free".

An OpenBSD user exercising freedom of choice, by choosing to use some non-free software, does not make OpenBSD non or less free.

Shane