Khalid Schofield wrote:
Hi,
I'm running openbsd 4.0 (yeh old I know but it's a vital system that I'm replacing but it processes data that makes a lot of money).

I'm getting these errors in dmesg. Should I be freaked out that the disk is failing or is it something else? I have tar backups but I want to make totally sure so I'm doing a dump in single user mode tonight (if it lets me who knows...). It's running on a powerpc mac mini. Errors are as follows:

wd0(wdc1:0:0): timeout
        type: ata
        c_bcount: 32768
        c_skip: 0
wd0a: device timeout reading fsbn 11840224 of 11840224-11840287 (wd0 bn 11843248; cn 11749 tn 4 sn 4), retrying
wd0: soft error (corrected)
</snip>

I would get a new disk soon.

Fred :~S

PS Out of interest how is the disk partitioned?