gm_sjo wrote:
2008/10/10 Theo de Raadt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Wow.  Good luck.  Can't you see we've been down that road before with
those bastards?  But really.  Good luck.  You really are too optimistic,
but sure, learn the reality for yourself.

I'm sure calling vendors 'bastards' on a public mailing list is really
going to help the cause.

When you have proven yourself even 10% as helpful to the cause of OpenBSD as Theo is, then maybe, just maybe, you are justified in criticizing his tactics. I look forward to that point in time, but until then I really have no reason to side with you, nor should anyone else who is informed on this matter.

Theo has proven very well that the most effective method of dealing with these 'bastard' vendors (that ignore or undermine OpenBSD) is to use negative reinforcement. Corporations only understand and react appropriately to bad publicity that threatens their profits. Anything else merely encourages them to continue to ignore OpenBSD, because they perceive that it costs less to ignore OpenBSD than it does to help.

Breeno